Friday, December 7, 2012

Does Multi-Tasking Effect Your School Work?


Research shows that a lot of students in the US listen to music while they are studying. Even high achieving students admit in doing this! It helps motivate me when I'm at home or even at school doing homework or just studying. When I listen to music while working on school work I usually listen to Katy Perry. These articles helped me find these information;  phenoix.edu and takelessons.com

Should you listen to music while studying? Scientist proved that music with many repeated sections are more likely to become a distraction with you and your school work. Also it is not benefiting for our memory, the brain receives, stores, organizes and recovers information as memory.

Can listening to music help memorize materiel you study? Listening to music enhances your brain but also your using all parts if your brain when you multi task. The right hemisphere gets used when you listen to music and left hemisphere when you study. While you do this your entire brain gets used.

"Don't wait until the night before a big test to determine if listening to music is a good study tool." Listening to music can be beneficial. Scientist proved that listening to Classical music, or any other type with out lyrics, is the best type of music to listen to while you are studying. Also listening to Classical music causes no distractions.

"Music while studying is as distraction." The differences the two sources share is that some say listening to music is a distraction while your studying. But it also helps motivate students while they are studying. They can also remember the materiel they study by making up their own lyrics to a song.

When ever I do my homework I usually listen to Katy Perry. I sometimes listen to another artist but
usually I listen to Katy Perry. Listening to music when I studying it helps me a lot by motivating me.
http://takelessons.com/blog/2012/05/listening-to-music-while-studying/
http://www.phoenix.edu/forward/student-life/2011/08/should-you-listen-to-music-while-studying.html






http://www.flickr.com/photos/smemon/6326359836/sizes/m/

No comments:

Post a Comment